Kathmandu Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Welcome to the chaos that is Kathmandu, Nepal. From the moment you step off the plane your senses will be on over-load. Kathmandu Urban Adventures will take you through the capital’s back streets on locally led Kathmandu tours, where at every turn you will encounter the rich culture, hidden temples, colorful bazaars, and be rewarded with an insight into this inimitable city. You will receive the friendliest and warmest of welcomes in a city where for many centuries traditions have hardly changed and deep-rooted values and customs are fascinatingly and curiously different from your own. ENJOY!
from 2 reviews
From USD 89.00
Buck the climbing trend that is popular in these parts and head off on a two wheeled adventure instead! Join this Kathmandu tour for some off-road mountain biking action which includes a lunch pitstop to fuel the ride home.more...
from 2 reviews
From USD 80.00
Cover all spiritual bases on this multifaith Kathmandu tour. Meet dreadlocked Hindu holy men, learn about Buddhism from a local monk, and then look into your future with a local astrologer. Fingers crossed there's travel, glory and a lottery win ahead!more...
Kathmandu Living From USD 80.00
Ever visit a place and wonder what it's like to live there? This Kathmandu tour not only shows you the markets, squares, backstreets, temples, and courtyards of Nepal's capital but also includes a visit to a family home for a Nepalese-style lunch.more...
Path to a Hidden Monastery
from 1 review
From USD 83.00
Pssssst! Want to go on a nature hike to see waterfalls, bird life, village bazaars and a hidden monastery? Join this Kathmandu tour to spend a day hiking in friendly terrain that is full of spiritual surprises.more...
Rickshaw Night Explorer
from 2 reviews
From USD 68.00
Temples, shrines, spice markets, palaces, hot chai, even hotter street food, and a place called Freak Street. Join this Kathmandu tour to experience the wonderful and darn right weird sights of Kathmandu by night.more...
Exploring Patan and Bhaktapur: Kathmandu Valley’s Other Kingdoms
from 5 reviews
From USD 141.00
Want to know what it was like to live in medieval times? Then hitch a ride on this Kathmandu tour that reveals two, ancient satellite cities often overlooked by travellers. With shrines and temples aplenty, just follow the smell of incense to these old-world towns.more...
more... more stories...
17 Dec 2014 Reena was a great guide.
16 Dec 2014 Guide was great!
26 Oct 2014 It was a great day tour with just the 2 of us, the guide and driver.
26 Oct 2014 I had a great day! It was hard cycling after trekking, but my guide supported me so well that I could do it!!
22 May 2014 The experience was amazing! I was the only person in the group and I had the opportunity to talk a lot with the guide. He was a very nice person how know everything about the culture of the city. I strongly reccomend this experience!
28 Dec 2013 Excellent tour with Rina! When she found out I was a teacher, she took us to see a small primary school in Patan - definitely appreciated the chance to see Nepal life off the beaten path.
20 Nov 2013 Omez, our guide, was excellent. He took the time we wanted at each site, had lots of interesting stories and knowledge to impart and took us on some interesting routes. Mainly walking and local transit lets you see things the way locals do. Another great Urban Adventure.
15 Aug 2013 Rina, our guide was really knowldgeable and added a few special touches to the tour like going through little streets that most tourists never see, stopping by local fruits and veggies markets only frequented by locals, talking about Nepali cooking, and offering us some delicious Bhaktapur king yogurt. She even stopped by a pharmacy when we said we needed bandaids and coughing mix... She was very helpful and gave us sufficient time to have a closer look by ourselves. It was great.
02 Jun 2013 Had a great time in Chitwan rainforest; the guides from the the resort were excellent. Food @ the resort was fabulous & the staff was so accommodating I felt like I was given 5 star treatment! I also booked a nite tour of Kathmandu as I was only there for 2 nites & the guide was fab! I never would have been able to see and understand so much on my own in such a short time.
03 Dec 2012 I was the only participant on this adventure. Two guides accompanied me and it was a great experience. I learned about birds, scenery and local customs.
Kathmandu Urban Adventures are committed to a meaningful Responsible Travel Policy which permeates this interesting spectrum of short Kathmandu Tours. We also patronise local restaurants, respect local conventions and encourage your interest in local crafts.
Feels like: 25°C
Passing clouds. Mild.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.